In recent years, our particular focus has been on saving energy. We have implemented successful measures that help significantly reduce energy consumption in our company:
- We heat our new facility in Ochsenhausen primarily with recovered heat.
- We produce approximately 600,000 kWh of clean solar power per year with our photovoltaic system.
- We apply a system for active energy management.
- We conduct energy audits as per DIN 16247-1 to continuously improve our energy footprint.
- We have installed sensor-controlled lighting in our office buildings, for energy-efficient and on-demand illumination.
Waste prevention & recycling
We use efficient nesting calculation across different articles in order to minimize production waste. Still, in trimming and cutting processes, production scraps cannot be totally eliminated. However, we do everything to systematically recycle any scraps where possible and use them for new, highly efficient noise control products:
- Our composite foam products Cello® R290, Cello® R 615 and
Cello® R 616 are high-quality recycling products made from selected production scraps.
- Our products Cello® F700 FR HO, Cello® F800 FR, Cello® F800 FR HO
are based on non-wovens made from up to 60 % recycled fibers, mainly
former PET bottles, and are fully recyclable.